Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My Reflections
In this unit I have learned that erosion has made a lot of changes in the world. Now I know how the canyons were made and why some mountains look different from others. I also learned about weathering, it is like erosion, the only difference is that weathering is made by the atmosphere and erosion is made by water and wind. By the experiments we made in the lab, I learned that if we change a single variable, the result will change by a lot, for example, if we use the slope, the water will make a tunnel through the sand, and if we take the slope out, the water won't pass through the sand, it will make a waterfall. Before, I didn't know what the essential questions were, but now I can answer them.

1. How does water affect landforms?
My answer is that, when rivers pass through a landform many times during a long period, the landform will become a canyon.

2. How does Earth change over time?
It changes over time because of the weather, and because of natural disasters, like tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornados. It can also change because of temperature.

3.Why does the surface look the way it does?
Because it changes over time.

1 comment: